Alberta Aids to Daily Living (AADL) assists Albertans with a long-term disability, chronic illness or terminal illness, in maintaining independence in their community.
|The Alberta Aids to Daily Living (AADL) newsletter|
|The Alberta Aids to Daily Living (AADL) bulletin|
|Alberta Aids to Daily Living assists Albertans with a long-term disability, chronic illness or terminal illness, in maintaining independence in their community. AADL provides funding for basic medical equipment and supplies to meet clinically assessed needs. The AADL bulletin provides notices, updates and reminders to AADL providers, vendors, suppliers and other interested parties.|
|AADL claims transition to Alberta Blue Cross|
|Processing of claims and authorizations for the Alberta Aids to Daily Living program is moving from Alberta Health to Alberta Blue Cross. This transition will occur in phases over the next three years.|
- The Respiratory Benefits Program will be the first program to transition to the Alberta Blue Cross claims processing system in 2018.
- Alberta Health is working with Alberta Health Services and respiratory vendors to ensure a seamless transition for AADL clients.
This transition is a significant undertaking. Alberta Health and Alberta Blue Cross are committed to maintaining a high level of quality and service, working with all stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition.
|Improving AADL service|
- This change will improve service with quicker processing for AADL authorizations and claims. This means faster claims processing and payment as well as easy access to assistance.
- There will be no changes to the benefits offered to Albertans or to the eligibility criteria for those benefits.
|About Alberta Blue Cross|
- Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta’s largest benefit provider and provides health and dental benefits to more than 1.6 million Albertans.
- Since 1970, Alberta Blue Cross has worked with the Government of Alberta to administer its health benefit programs and develop a number of highly customized processes that represent many of the best practices in health benefit administration.
Source Alberta Health updated 26 November 2018
AADL authorizer workshop materials & resources in Alberta Health
Client information – Alberta Aids to Daily Living AADL in Alberta Health
OPEN GOVERNMENT PROGRAM – Health and Wellness Search Resources in Alberta Government